We understand that it is vital that we each take responsibility for our own spiritual growth for the health and development of the village as a whole. Growing this way makes it easy to find our personal roles and ways in which we can enrich the life of all. We embrace the diversity of spiritual paths and welcome people of any religion or none.
We appreciate it to be reminded that unskilful actions cause pain and suffering. Therefore we find it helpful to cultivate:
- compassion and learn ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals.
- generosity in our thinking, speaking and acting.
- responsibility and learn ways to support the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families, and society.
- loving, truthful speech and compassionate listening.
- good health, both physical and mental, by practicing mindful eating, drinking and consuming.